Fraberts Fresh Food for Thought – June 2010
It’s Our Second Birthday!
Thanks to your support, we have been in business for two years now. Come by and see how we’ve grown (and I’m not just referring to our family and waistlines!) We are throwing a party this weekend from Friday May 28 through to Sunday May 30. Come on by for free food, live music, BBQ, giveaways, and a chance to win free groceries. We hope to have some of our suppliers on hand to chat, and of course Chef Derek will be here for tips or general banter.
Fergus Marketplace Spring Celebration – Saturday May 29 and Sunday May 30
Many of our neighbours here in the gorgeous and historic Fergus Marketplace on the River are also celebrating spring this weekend. Lots to do!
- Legge Fitness – free therapy treatments
- Grand River Troutfitters – great in store sales, free fly tying and casting demos all day
- Cherry Hill Entertainment – huge outdoor sale
- Goofie Newfie – great food with a great view!
- Grand River Running – sidewalk sale – shoes starting at $49 – 8:30am Saturday run club; 10:30am Sunday prediction run
- Natural Choice Health Fair – Friday, May 28 – meet and talk to local practitioners, 10% off progressive product, gluten free cookie taste test, draw for a gift basket
Ontario Strawberries are Here!
…need I say more? Local spinach, fresh from Collins’ Farm, is also back, as well as Birkbank Farms asparagus, Floralane Produce tomatoes, and Sunset Farms rhubarb. Ahh…. summertime is here.
Elora Farmers’ Market
The Elora Farmers’ Market begins June 12 and runs through till Thanksgiving every Saturday from 9am till 1pm. Fraberts will be there again offering up local treats. Lots of new vendors this year – see how the “prettiest little farmers market in Ontario” has grown! Visit www.elorafarmersmarket.com for more information.
Local Food Fest – Sunday, June 27
Join us at the Guelph Wellington Local Food Fest on Sunday, June 27 from 11am till 5pm at the Ignatius Jesuit Centre, 5420 Hwy 6, just north of Guelph. Chef Derek will be doing a local food cooking demo and we will be participating in the Farmers Market also. For more information visit www.guelphwellingtonlocalfood.ca/fest.
Hope to see you this weekend!
Chef Derek and Jackie